EG's Folding Forum

Forum for discussing Folding at Home. And a place to seek help with the same.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Stupid sunshine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sray

PostSubject: Stupid sunshine   Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:32 am

Well, it looks like some summer weather has finally arrived in Vancouver, which means my southward facing room is starting to heat up pretty bad when my rig is folding for long periods. It looks like my PPD is going to start falling off for the next couple months as I'm going to have to limit my folding time on my GPUs.

A small air conditioner would take care of all the problems for me (and create a generally more pleasant environment) I keep thinking that this is the year I'm going to pick up an air conditioner for my room, but due to odd window design, its $300 for something that is usable in my space: my windows slide open from side to side and there are no window mounted units small enough to fit, thus a portable unit is all I can use.

Gah... I'm just to whine and complain about this for another week or so before I make up my mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExtremeGrandpa
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stupid sunshine   Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:47 am

Yea with soaring temps here when i put the farm back online it will be with no OC on any of the GPUs and only a mild OC on the rigs themselves.

I pick a room n the house that has two exterior wall so I could open windows to exaust the heat from the house. During the sping this worked wonderfully, but now with the sun hitting tow of those walls and with the big windows we have its helping to further heat the room.

Looking at friday to go back online with the farm.

EG
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://foldingforthefuture.forumjonction.com
mrinfinit3

PostSubject: Re: Stupid sunshine   Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:20 pm

Admin wrote:
Yea with soaring temps here when i put the farm back online it will be with no OC on any of the GPUs and only a mild OC on the rigs themselves.

I pick a room n the house that has two exterior wall so I could open windows to exaust the heat from the house. During the sping this worked wonderfully, but now with the sun hitting tow of those walls and with the big windows we have its helping to further heat the room.

Looking at friday to go back online with the farm.

EG
Maybe.... (light bulb bing sound)... you can just build the entire rig inside the mini fridge that u had that old rad in. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.socomcomputers.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid sunshine   

Back to top Go down

Stupid sunshine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1